Monday, January 28, 2008

Torso workshop



Yesterday (Sunday January 27th) I attended Jeff Burke's one-day anatomy workshop on the torso. We were there from 10am to 5pm with one hour for lunch. Jeff explained the torso in great detail (using his own body as an example along with his full sized skeleton, "Mort").
I am planning on more sessions at Hipbone so I can practice what I learned. The workshop was a bargain at $65 and I plan to take the next one that is scheduled for the back of the torso on February 24. I have to laugh a little to myself because I used to drive past the old Hipbone Studio with some sort of odd aversion to going in. My art friend "K-Van" encouraged me to check out the new Hipbone Studio. It is everything she said it was; an atmosphere that is serious and inspiring.

No comments: