Friday, March 7, 2008

Eric Jacobsen!



Tonight I went to Eric Jacobsen's reception at Art on the Boulevard in Vancouver. I took 5 weekend workshops from Eric last summer. He is offering workshops again in 2008. I can't say enough good things about him. He just has it all. He is an exceptional plein air oil painter, a superb teacher and an all around affable guy without an ounce of guile. He and several Hood River artists are regularly shown at Art on the Boulevard. The manager there (Kevin) is formerly from Yoshida's Gallery. Eric's show is full of fantastic new work from his new residence in Glenwood, Washington.

2 comments:

Bill Sharp said...

I'm sorry I didn't know of this beforehand. It would love to have attended the opening and seen Eric.

Bill Sharp said...

BTW, it was great to meet you at the workshop last year. I really enjoyed the work you showed in the Columbia Arts Plein Air show.