Sunday, March 16, 2008

"Expression" in plein air


Over the next week I am going to do some exercises that will help me with our next (Portland Plein Air Painter's) project called "Expressionist plein air". I have often seen paintings that incorporate yellow skies, but I have never personally seen (for real) a yellow sky. If something is the right value it can be the wrong color and still look correct (at least, that is what I have heard). I tested this out today by giving this tree study a yellow sky.

2 comments:

Lostcheerio said...

Hi! Nice to meet you, even if it's over the tortured form of Jason Castro and the sad carcass of Amanda Overmyer. Regarding the AI dilemma, I resolve it by not watching or recapping the results show. So it's almost as if I could spend that other hour doing something very intellectual and important but mostly I watch Top Chef instead.

Celeste Bergin said...

your "kindergarten teacher who has given up on life" really made me laugh!