Friday, March 7, 2008

Pittock Mansion Receptions

Thursday, March 6 was a beautiful sparkly night for the Pittock Mansion/Broderick Gallery "Shadow and Light" tandem receptions. I began the evening at the Broderick Gallery reception and then I went to the Pittock Mansion reception. I have one painting at the Broderick and four paintings at the Pittock. As soon as I reached the Pittock I was told that my painting of Henry Pittock won first place AND was purchased by a Pittock relative! Many people complimented me on my efforts and as always I was very happy to see so many of my friends who came to celebrate with me. Without exception, the Pittock Mansion reception was THE ultimate in swank for an artist's reception. I'm really grateful to Lucy McLean of the Pittock Mansion and George Broderick (Broderick Gallery) for providing this unique opportunity and for supporting regional art!




2 comments:

Eileen said...

Congratulations, Celeste! Now how cool is that to have a family member purchase your painting?

Celeste Bergin said...

thank you Eileen! It is great that someone in Pittock's lineage admired it. What could be better? Thanks for your comment!