Friday, April 11, 2008

Two pastelists, one mixed media person and one oil painter

How lucky am I that I got to spend one entire week in Santa Cruz with Kitty Wallis, Katherine van Schoonhoven and Carolyn Rondthaler! Every day we talked art all day into the night. No one got bored with these marathon discussions..on the contrary we couldn't wait to get up in the morning to begin the art talk-fest all over again. We didn't turn on a television even once and about the only "entertainment" we had (aside from the entertainment our own company provided) was some Vivaldi on the CD player one evening. I took lots of supplies because I thought that we would have scads of painting sessions, but the weather didn't always cooperate. I haven't photographed all my paintings from the trip yet. I was surprised with how much I liked the majority of my paintings after I got them home and looked at them. Things do look different (and sometimes better) after a couple of days. We all just had a great time and I am fired up to paint regularly here at home again. The only sad thing on the trip was that I lost ANOTHER pair of prescription glasses. When I told Katherine that it was the 2nd identical pair I've lost, she indicated that "they might be trying to get away" from me. Funny girl,  that Katherine.

No comments: