Friday, May 30, 2008

A good way to transport framed paintings


Today I am delivering some of my work to a gallery. A while back I learned from Michael Fisher how he transports his paintings in old disposable towels held closed with strapping tape. Michael told me that he acquires the towels at thrift stores for a modest fee. He prefers this method to bubble wrapping his paintings for local deliveries. A friend of a friend gave me some of her old towels (thanks, Debra!) and I am trying this method today. Last year, because I did not take proper precautions, one of my frames got dinged. I learned my lesson. This seems an adequate and economical way to handle painting delivery.

2 comments:

Katherine van Schoonhoven said...

what a great idea! Thanks for sharing! No dings on your frames this time, I think.

Donna Van Tuyl said...

Great idea Celeste. I have been using cardboard to separate my paintings. This works, however, they do tend to slide around and I have been lucky so far.....

On my next gallery trip I will do old towels and they can easily be tapped together, what a great idea.