Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Julie Andrews reclines

I have been preparing to submit to a show at the Kingstad entitled "Icons and Iconoclasts". (Now you have an explanation for why I was sketching Lincoln below). I decided about a week ago to submit.. so I have spent a fair amount of time since then thinking about modern icons. All the typical ones come to mind... Elvis, Marilyn, etc., but I wanted to consider some other notable figures that aren't quite so obvious. I worked on this today and I've decided to abandon it. Abe is on the cutting room floor too. I have plenty of other paintings to submit and this one just didn't come out the way I had it in my mind. Julie
Andrews just might be a little too obscure. Well, It isn't a failure, but it doesn't seem to fit with the other work I am going to submit. What I have remembered by getting ready to answer this Call to Artists....is that I enjoy painting figures.

No comments: