Sunday, June 15, 2008

It was a good week.. culminating with Father's Day



The week...in review:
This past Wednesday evening I got to be "on the ticket" with Barbara Masterson at the Pittock Mansion. Barbara's talk was about the painter Thomas Hill. There are seven of his paintings in the Mansion. I got to discuss why people continue to paint outdoors in modern times. Our presentation ended with everyone in the audience helping to paint one landscape painting as a collaboration. It came out very well and helped prove our point....that painting, should you be so inclined, is for everyone. I hope to get some photos from someone to add to my blog at a future date. I forgot my camera!
On Thursday I drove to Hood River to turn in my submission CD for the Hood River Plein Air show. I found out just yesterday that the deadline was extended to June 19th. Well, it is always a lovely drive to Hood River!
On Friday I met with Carolyn, Katherine, Kimberly, Cris, Kathy, Kitty, Carrie and "the other" Sally Bailey at Camp 18 for a paint out (celebrating Carolyn's birthday). I did a color sketch of a caboose in the parking lot. There are a lot of old machines at Camp 18. We went with Carolyn to a potluck dinner at Trail's End Gallery. The next day we had breakfast out and went to Astoria to visit an art supply store and the galleries. A perfect art trip! Cabooses are the traditional way to say "the end"....but I have a feeling that this is just the beginning.
Give all the men in your life an extra squeeze of the hand today. Happy Father's Day!

No comments: