Friday, June 27, 2008

Lake Sacagawea, Washington


Yesterday our painting group was invited to Lake Sacagewea Park in Longview, Washington. It is a bit of a drive, but we found it worth it..especially after spending a little time, taking it all in. There was plenty of waterfowl and waterlillies in the lake. Most appealing! After a fair amount of dithering around, trying to land on a scene, I settled on a big tree near the lake. I was pleased with this effort because I didn't go overboard or underboard! While I worked on this I remembered something Eric Jacobsen had told us during his workshop.."a good painting is like a great after dinner speech... just make your big points quickly and succinctly". This is a 6 x 8 oil on canvas panel.

2 comments:

Donna Van Tuyl said...

Celeste, this is simply a stunning painting. I love everything about it.

Celeste Bergin said...

thanks, Donna! I'll pop over to your blog and see what you have going on too!