Sunday, July 6, 2008

The Gorge White House..reception for Cathleen Rehfeld

Yesterday afternoon I went to the Gorge White House for Cathleen Rehfeld's Artist Reception. We joked about how much I take photos that I completely forgot to get a good photo of her. I will have to find one in my archives! The Gorge White house is a favorite place for people interested in the wines & micro-brewed beers of the Columbia River Gorge. The owner, Camille, loves art and she hosts monthly shows in her historic home on this century old working farm (it is listed on the National Registry of Historic Places). Each year the Gorge White House is a destination for the Hood River Plein Air paint out competition.

I have been watching Cathleen's painting a day blog with interest! Seeing her painterly brushwork in person inspires me to jump back on that daily painting bandwagon myself. I did daily paintings last year and what I remember from the experience was just as Cathleen reported to me...that there is nothing better an artist can do for themselves than to paint regularly. Her show is up through July.


No comments: