Monday, July 7, 2008

Today...

I got about eight hate emails from someone who does not like me. My distractor wrote to me several times today to tell me that she is a real artist while I am not..(seriously!) Well, she can't ruin my good mood. Today I also got an acceptance into what I consider a prestigious show. I am really happy about being accepted! It is hard to keep putting yourself "out there" with the very real possibility of being rejected every time. Some people are so fragile they can't do it at all. She is doing nothing with her art career and is angry with me about it! It is a big world! Art is for everyone, but she has advised me that my successes are not successes at all. This is coming from someone who has a totally invisible art career. Well, I assume she is going to be very big art news someday...(because she knows so much more about everything than I do). I don't understand what she is waiting for, however, she's been out of school for a hundred years.

3 comments:

Bill Sharp said...

Celeste, I'm sorry to hear that you're being harassed by someone who envy's your success. On the other hand, I think hate mail is just the other side of the same coin as fan mail, so perhaps congratulations are in order.

I really admire your commitment to painting and your energy and willingness to doggedly pursue your career.

You're out there making opportunities for yourself and constantly working to improve your skills. I know you won't let this slow you down.

Donna Van Tuyl said...

Celeste, one of the things I admire about you is your paintings of course, they are outstanding, but also your efforts to include other artist in your life. You have taught me how it should be done and for that I am grateful

I love seeing your paintings, keep up the good work and know that this fellow artist appreciates you and I see your efforts. It is all good. Donna

Celeste Bergin said...

thanks, Donna! This is VERY nice to read. I appreciate it so much. I do a lot for our group and not everyone is happy. It is good to know that I have made any type of positive contribution....today especially!