Thursday, July 3, 2008

"Artist's Choice"


Ever since the "Jackie" portrait (when I painted over an old painting) I have wanted to paint over an old painting again. I certainly have no shortage of failed paintings that I can recycle. I like how the previous surface seems to make suggestions to me as I cover it up. The painting that I recently painted over (for this exhibit) was predominately green and green figures in a big way in the new painting too. I decided to throw some texture onto the surface (with some pumice gel). I figured I could just have a hay day. After all, I painted it for "Artist's Choice" Nine of us will have "our choice" up on a wall at O'Connor's beginning today, July 3 to the end of the month. I don't want to post the painting until it actually gets put up on the wall. I'll post the finished painting tomorrow.

No comments: