Saturday, August 2, 2008

Talking at the Kingstad


Tom Repasky sent me this photo of me taken during my presentation at the Kingstad Gallery during last Tuesday. I was pleased to be able to tell those gathered about why I chose Jackie Kennedy as an icon for the ICONS exhibit. It was more than just recognizing that everyone knows who she was. The truth is that I really do admire Jackie Kennedy for the positive contributions she made to America. Through her activities, Jackie Kennedy instilled a new public regard for the arts. Everyone was influenced by her taste.
Next last Tuesday (August 26) there will be another round of presentations from artists at the Kingstad... it will be the men's turn to talk about their art!

1 comment:

Maeona said...

I love the painting and the talk you gave about why you chose her.