Sunday, August 10, 2008

Thoughts about my friend Edda.. and my brother Tom


Thanks to the internet, I have a friend in Germany by the name of Edda. She and my brother (who died in 1996 at age 50) are "connected" Today I am thinking about Edda...She is a "perfect match" for someone and tomorrow she is going to donate bone marrow to that person. That is no small thing! I found these old photos of Tom for Edda and I am going to email them to her....My brother would just love that she is going to such extremes to help a complete stranger. These photos are from 1967. Tom served aboard the USS New Jersey during Viet Nam. When I was in 7th grade I won first place in an art contest. Tom was very proud of me and said so in front of everyone! (but then he went right back to giving me a hard time all the time right away afterwards...just as brothers do). I miss him everyday.

No comments: