Saturday, October 18, 2008

Portland Open Studios..Michael Fisher

Today I was the greeter/host for artist, Michael Fisher's Open Studio. It was an easy job! I heard nothing but compliments for his work all day long. He sold several pieces last weekend and several more today. I think it can be said that his specialty is the "urban landscape", but he offers traditional landscapes too. There is one more day left of Portland Open Studios (tomorrow). Michael said that he will apply for Portland Open Studios again next year.....and though he waffled about whether or not he would opt for the 2nd weekend, I reminded him that his best sales seemed to have taken place during the 2nd weekend! It pleased me that people are still buying art, even during these tough economic times. People seem to love bringing the outdoors indoors... and Michael's work achieves that very well!

1 comment:

FOOTBALL MAN said...

I like your blog, looking forward to your future updates.