Thursday, October 23, 2008
Seven Questions for Creatives to Answer
My Photographer friend Patrick Kolb offers this exercise to creative people.
Answer these questions in writing:
1. What is your definition of Painting (not dictionary).
2. What is the most important thing in your life?
3. What is your greatest strength as a Painter?
4. What is your greatest weakness as a Painter?
5. Where would you like to be as a Painter?
6. What is keeping you from getting there?
7. Complete the following sentence until you run out of things to say
"If I could complete a body of work it would....."
You owe it to yourself to take some time and actually write on paper the answers to these questions, especially today. It might be the best gift you get.
(Substitute whatever your medium for the word Painter. ie: What is your greatest strength as a filmmaker?)
I found this exercise to be insightful..thanks, Patrick!