Saturday, November 15, 2008

How Now Brown Cow November 15


There have been a lot of cows in daily painting blogs lately. I thought I would paint one too. When I was a girl our back yard backed up to a dairy farm so I got to spend a lot of time looking at them up close and square on. The ones I remember were black and white (Holsteins?) and this one, from a reference ...is probably an Ayrshire (?) I painted it over an old painting that I didn't like. I love to do that!
I went to "I've Been Framed" today to buy canvas panels and to get something framed. Great prices there in their frame shop. I also worked on straightening out my studio. I am about 1/2 of the way done.

Oil on 8 x 8 canvas panel

3 comments:

Connie said...

Oh I LOVE this one. It looks like the ideal cow- haha. Sure brings back memories.
Thanks!
Connie

Celeste Bergin said...

Thanks, Connie...it looked like a dog for the longest time. lol.

Connie said...

Hahahahahaha!! I think it's great!