Thursday, November 6, 2008

Nothing can stop an Idea whose time has come


This is my daily painting and a possible submission to the Kingstad's Peace exhibition. The deadline is Saturday. I have a few other things to submit. There is one more element to be added to this. I have to wait for it to dry.
I am working in a graphic style for submission to the Kingstad "Peace" show. I keep thinking more about the racial warring that
has taken place during my lifetime...(instead of thinking specifically about Iraq, etc)
I have decided to press ahead (graphically!) with my submission. I view this project in more of a "poster" type manner than my usual realist manner. That is what it is to be an artist..to take risks and to put forth ideas that very well might be misunderstood by others. We'll see what happens. :)

1 comment:

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

I hear ya sista ... Love your "That is what it is to be an artist..to take risks and to put forth ideas that very well might be misunderstood by others." I'm looking forward to seeing this one completed.