Monday, November 24, 2008

Organizing!


Whenever an artist is in an exhibit they need to have their dates organized ahead of time, otherwise they will screw up! It isn't just one date...generally there are a whole batch of times and dates that have to put on the calendar. It goes sort of like this: submission date, delivery date, overall exhibit dates, press release date (if applicable), post card and/or electronic post card date, reception date, pick up at end of show date.
I organize information for my own shows that I am involved in and I also keep track of some things for my plein air group (somebody has to do it). That means I just spent two days "penciling-in" 2009. I'm not complaining! I feel really fortunate to be involved in exhibits. What I have learned (the hard way) is that keeping track of all the forms, dates and rules is really not bad at all. Attitude is everything! It was a bit of a chore to slog through the forms for dates and record them..but now that it is done I can get on with painting without vaguely wondering when things are happening. I have it all on my electronic calendar and my calender is going to email reminders to me. Hooray!

1 comment:

G. Lindwood said...

This looks so organized and inviting. Is it still in such pristine order a few years after the fact? I'd send you a photo of my filing "system" to compare but I'm too embarrassed. Every year I think I'll get it to a point where I won't be tearing up the office each time I need something. Hasn't happened yet :)