Friday, December 12, 2008

Christine..again



This is a portrait I am doing for a friend. It is a posthumous portrait...so it is really paramount that it look like the person! (Oh, okay it is paramount in most cases..but it does seem like more responsibility than usual). I just have some small adjustments to make and I think this will be finished. I am pleased with how it came together. I bet she was around 12 or 13 when the photo was taken. I especially liked her sideways look...it is a photo that looks "warm". It is 11 x 14 oil on canvas panel.

4 comments:

Mr Spooky said...

Wow! This is amazing!!
I wish I could paint like that..... Actually I wish I could paint!! ((smiles))

Celeste Bergin said...

Thank you kindly, Mr. Spooky!

Dean H. said...

Great resemblance! I like how fresh and spontaneous the colors and strokes are.

Celeste Bergin said...

thanks so much, Dean!