Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Daily Painting ...dancer

My art group has devoted a lot of talk lately to the importance of draftsmanship. I was stuck in a waiting room today so I got to spend a long stretch with a book about drawing. The author explained in the first chapter that variety of line is necessary for an interesting drawing. I thought about all that as I painted this and attempted to give the skirt many different types of strokes.
oil on 12 x 12 stretched canvas
Available email for further information

5 comments:

JafaBrit's Art said...

this is lovely :)

Barbara Pask said...

Hi, I found you by way of wetcanvas. I love this painting, love all the colors I see in the skirt. Is the pink the toned canvas I see at the bottom of the painting.

Celeste Bergin said...

Yes Barbara...it is a toned canvas..I had sitting around for a couple of years. I agree the color really looks right. Thank for commenting!

Celeste Bergin said...

JafaBrit...thanks so much..I visited your blog today..very engaging! I will come back and comment..I loved all your work :)

Dean H. said...

Gorgeous painting, Celeste! Great color...very Degas!!