Monday, December 15, 2008

One of the staff at O'Connor's


There are Eight of us who get to show our work on occasion at O'Connor's in Multnomah Village (we are an offshoot of our Plein air group). O'Connor's is where PPASP has our breakfast/discussion meetings..The ceiling is very high and the walls are spacious..so it is nice to put up work there because we can put up large pieces if we want. Beginning in January we get to show our work there for 90 days. Traditionally, we show "Artist Choice" work (anything that we want to contribute), but for the upcoming month we wanted the theme to have to do with O'Connor's itself. I am hoping to do a figurative painting of one of the women who works at O'Connor's. This is just a preliminary study. If it turns out I can't capture her likeness I will select another subject. I hope I can do it, however, because she is a very COOL looking person. I think I have a chance..this looks quite a bit like her.

No comments: