Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Almost only counts in Horseshoes


Here is a painting from my life painting session today. I set out to concentrate on major shapes...and to not get too "hung up" in the face. Despite the reminders I gave myself I wound up scraping the face off three times. Bleh! I was happy with some aspects of the painting ...but her face eluded me. I had to laugh a little at one point... she is a good looking model and I turned her into a Grandma. Luckily this isn't a commission for the Sentate corridor or something and the fact I failed isn't life or death! (whew!)

9 x 12 oil on canvas panel

2 comments:

José said...

Hi,

I bet this is just what she looks like when she's using her beauty creams....

Take care,

José

P.S. I hope she doesn't read this :-)

Celeste Bergin said...

now aren't you the clever one...I am subscribed to you now...Nice blog you have...I enjoyed it very much!