Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Suggestion


I don't know where I read this....some painter somewhere advised that all artist's should create something "for themselves" at a minimum of once every week. This "for themself" thing should have no real reason to be made..it should be the painter's flight of fancy. That was the thinking behind this painting..."At the Dance"

(Wait....shouldn't this "for ourselves" thought be in our head each time we paint..instead of "once a week"?....)
oil on 18 x 24 canvas panel

4 comments:

Edward Burton said...

Very nice piece - wonderful brushwork and colors.

Jenniferartist said...

Hi Celeste,
I too go to a figure session. I used to go every week for the past 5 years but have stopped going so often. Will probably start up again. I don't plan to show these and do this for myself. The energy that comes from letting go and just going for it is great. The perfection of the drawing during these long pose sessions really has helped my speed and decisiveness of composition when I am on site plein air painting.

Jenniferartist said...

Hi Celeste,
I too go to a figure session. I used to go every week for the past 5 years but have stopped going so often. Will probably start up again. I don't plan to show these and do this for myself. The energy that comes from letting go and just going for it is great. The perfection of the drawing during these long pose sessions really has helped my speed and decisiveness of composition when I am on site plein air painting.

Celeste Bergin said...

Thanks Edward and Jennifer! I appreciate your encouragement. What is really fun about blogging is getting to connect with others who share an interest in painting! I'll visit your blogs and see what you are up to!