Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Life painting session II


Here is my 2nd painting from the life painting session. The model has a beautiful face and I had better success with this attempt than the last painting. I got the chance to ask her what she thinks about while having to stay so still for these long poses. She told me that it is important to stay away from thoughts about pain ie: "my neck hurts!"....instead, she says. .....I find something inanimate to look at and in my mind I make it "alive" ....I imagine stories about the object and at the same time...... I make myself a statue."

9 x 12 oil on canvas panel

2 comments:

Mark said...

Hi Patti,

You are creating a lot of outstanding paintings. I really appreciate the depth of feeling you're putting into your faces and figures. It's so cool that you have this gift! Keep painting!

Love

Mark and Jane

Celeste Bergin said...

Hey Mark and Jane...thanks for having a look at my blog and for the comment..I appreciate it!