Sunday, March 1, 2009

This seems frameable

I've been cleaning my studio over the weekend. I have zillions of paintings in various stacks. One of these days I really have to chuck a lot of the dreck! But, here is what I have to report...some of my early paintings are acceptable...these occasional good paintings are mixed right in with the purely horrible paintings. Here is my results from a 2005 "Master of the Month" assignment on WetCanvas. it is a copy of a (somewhat obscure) Sargent painting called Venetian Interior. I really love the warm and cool grays in this painting....(Sargent was so great!) and look! I painted with black! Isn't that some sort of art crime?

2 comments:

Edward Burton said...

Wow, Celeste, excellent Sargent copy! Well done!

Celeste Bergin said...

thanks, Edward...I appreciate that...I know that you are a Sargent fan too!