Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Wednesday..Day three of our workshop

Elio's talk this morning was about the importance of finding points within our drawing to check for accuracy. He also showed us how to check our angles by holding up a brush with one hand (to replicate an angle we see) while simultaneously putting the corresponding mark down with the other hand.
I did a passable painting in the morning..but for some reason it will not photograph properly. I suffered through this 2nd painting.....& even though it is nothing to write home to Mother about ....I can see that I am making progress. (Man, I wish I would have painted that dark bottle squarely..it is crooked!)
Elio spends a lot of time with each student... making sure we understand the concepts he is explaining. He is not coddling us, but he isn't letting any of us get away with anything either. Tomorrow if the weather is good we have an opportunity to paint outdoors after our regular session (that ends at 5pm). You can come out and join us too..at the end of the day we'll be behind the Kingstad in the wetlands (where we painted during the "fall-in/fall out" paint out last year).

3 comments:

Kathleen Krucoff said...

Hi Celeste!

I really like seeing the progression through this workshop. It is wonderful to invest in yourself by taking a workshop to improve/hone ones skills.

I appreciate your comments on my work too and I had to nominate you for a Lemonade Award. Details on my blog: http://kathleenkrucoff.blogspot.com/2009/03/another-lemonade-award.html

All the best. Kathleen

Sherrie Russ Levine said...

I sent a comment for Elio's painting above thinking it was yours, but they are all lovely. You must be having a blast!

Celeste Bergin said...

thanks Sherrie! Yes..his painting is the one that is UBER GOOD. lol