Sunday, April 19, 2009

Afternoon at the Bistro II SOLD at CAP Auction


I donated this painting to the CAP 20th Anniversary Art Evening and Auction. Unfortunately I couldn't attend the event (last night). As instructed, I called this morning to see if I had to retrieve my unsold painting ...and the answer was no! Hooray! I hope whoever bought it will visit my blog so I can thank them for their contribution to CAP and for buying my painting. I had a teacher who once advised artists to be very careful about donations, as it can lead to an overall feeling of "devaluing our work"..Artists should not give away their work willy nilly. However, he added that if you believe strongly in the cause you can certainly put that rule aside. Such was the case...and I am glad someone now owns this piece. Thanks so much to the person who bought my painting!
oil on 18 x 24 canvas panel

6 comments:

Katherine van Schoonhoven said...

Congrats on the successful auction of your great painting, "Afternoon at the Bistro II"! Good news is the best kind of news to share!

Janelle Goodwin said...

Congratulations on the sale of your lovely painting at auction! Someone will surely enjoy this happy, light filled piece.

Celeste Bergin said...

Thank you Katherine and Janelle...I am glad that it has a new home!

Mariano Zucchi said...

Hi Celeste,
Conratulation on the sale, it is a great oil with a sense of dimension, abandon and light. I can see the proud Owner looking behind those chairs, smelling the flower, trying to catch the specks of dust floating in the light.

Kathleen Krucoff said...

Congratulations on this sale. It is a wonderful painting...has great warmth. It's new owner will really enjoy it!

B Boylan said...

I've seen this painting IRL and it is one that I wish I owned! But alas, it is not I who purchased it! Love the sunlight and shadow 'chain-like' patterns. Great design, great mood!