Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Paintings from life session today

A redheaded modeled for us today. My three paintings ARE of the same person, despite the fact that the results all look like different people. I obviously had some difficulty with resemblance again today. Well, I was talking to one of my art friends this afternoon and she and I both experience thoughts during painting along the lines of "that's good"...and "that's not so good"..."good...not good" I've heard that painting can be described as series of corrections... and that is indeed what we do. Some days the corrections seem easier than others. My contact lenses were bothering me today. I should spring for a pair of bifocal eyeglasses (but I have lost two pair of them and have since called a moratorium on buying any until I "learn some responsibility") ..haha.









oil on canvas panels (top to bottom: 12x12, 11x14 and 9X12)

2 comments:

Janelle Goodwin said...

They're good! You infused rich color into these pieces which makes them so interesting to look at. Very good!

Kathleen Krucoff said...

Hi Celeste,

Well I'm not a painter, but I think these are really good. I agree with Janelle. Your color palettes in each is really, really nice.