Thursday, April 30, 2009

Catherine Creek, WA

Today I joined the Hood River painters at Catherine Creek, WA. A whole batch of people showed up and fanned out all over hill and dale. Karen, Donna and I liked a view looking down the Gorge into the East. What a perfect day for painting outside! I love the Catherine Creek area! It just didn't hurt that it was a perfect sunny day...and no wind. Aren't we lucky we live so near the gorgeous Gorge??
Gorge view: oil sketch on 9 x 12 canvas panel
Pine tree: oil sketch on 6 x 12 canvas panel


5 comments:

Mariano Zucchi said...

Hi Celeste,
Thank you for sharing the view,and the oils; you guys seems pretty busy with your work, I'll bet time flew. It is nice to know it was a perfect day.

Donna Van Tuyl said...

Celeste, I like how your painting turned out. It has the look and feel of the day, which was grand! you really know how to capture the movement and beauty of the sky.

I wonder where we get to go next time? Buckley will be there.

Katherine van Schoonhoven said...

Great paintings! The painting of the Gorge is lovely! You've captured the glowing color of the distant land forms with style and grace. Nice!

Dean H. said...

Beautiful day, location, and friends! You live a great life, my friend!
Love the plein air!

Karen E. Lewis said...

Celeste,

I love the colors you captured in the landscape. There was so much color in the grass!