Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Life painting session ...two oil sketches




It was great to paint today...I haven't painted in a week mostly because I have been under the weather. I'm feeling better.
I got two studies done in 3 hours time today. She was a pretty person...a little "blink-y" (she moved her eyes quite a lot) but I certainly felt she did a good job of modeling anyway. I loved the long red dress and I felt I established some good values.


(click to enlarge)
(top) oil on 9 x 12 canvas panel
(bottom) oil on 11 x 14 canvas panel

2 comments:

pigmentz said...

These are really nice Celeste. The "weight" in the seat of the red dress pose is so convincing... and the expression in the close up is thought provoking. Nice work!

Celeste Bergin said...

thank you, pigmentz...I appreciate your stopping by and commenting!