Friday, April 24, 2009

Summer is on the horizon!


When I first started painting it was a real challenge to be able to see the warm and cool colors in the sky..I think I get it much better than I did four years ago. It was a perfect day today to paint, but I was feeling a little "under the weather".. so I did not leave my house ...I opted instead to paint from my reference photo, reminding myself about getting these temperatures down rapidly. Clouds move so fast and it can drive you a little nutty when you're trying to paint them from life.

The weather is starting to really cooperate..so I am beginning to make my list of where I want to paint this year and also what workshops I want to take. This year is amazing for workshops. So many A-Listers are offering 2 and 3 day workshops right here in our area. Time to get the calendar out and schedule!

6 x 12 oil on canvas panel

7 comments:

Mariano Zucchi said...

Hi Celeste,
Nice clouds, specially from a photo. Here in Georgia we have the most beautiful clouds formation you ever saw. Have a great week end

Celeste Bergin said...

thanks so much Mariano! I will be looking forward to seeing a skyscape from you one day.

Pam Holnback said...

Great clouds. You got the cool colors on the underside. Like the size of the canvas, too.

Celeste Bergin said...

Pam, I see that you love clouds too. I hope to do many more of these type paintings in the summer. Thanks for having a look and commenting!

Katherine van Schoonhoven said...

Looks like summer is coming with your fluffy clouds and bright blue sky! Nice painting! Hope you're feeling better soon.

Kathleen Krucoff said...

This definitely has the look and feel of a summer day. Love what you did with the sky and clouds.

Karen said...

This is a wonderfully atmospheric piece...I love the soft edges in it.
Yes, you get it. :)