Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Three paintings from life painting session today


Our model today was one we've had before...a really pretty woman named Natanya. I always really like painting her because she has extremely dark curly hair and striking features. There was a big shadow on her face, cast from a big batch of curly hair. Soon these life painting sessions will come to an end for the summer. There is no meeting next week and then only May is left. After that it will be landscape, landscape, landscape. Figure painting is wonderful...I think it helps in every other painting pursuit.......even.....especially.....landscape!

6 comments:

Mariano Zucchi said...

The head and shoulders are extremely good, and you right Natanya is beautiful!

L.Holm said...

Hi, Celeste. thanks for visiting my blog. It allowed me to find you and give you a reciprocal gadzooks! Your paintings are beautiful! You're so right about the merits of figure painting. Your landscapes are gorgeous, and I love the chairs in the cafe, too. Best regards :-) Liz

Katherine van Schoonhoven said...

You make it look so easy, Celeste, but I know it's not easy at all. I especially like the last painting. Beautiful expression on the face and shoulder line.

Dean H. said...

Beautiful work, Celeste!

Karen said...

I completely agree with you that the figures help everything else! I find them challenging and wonderful. And I look forward to your upcoming landscapes, too! :)

Celeste Bergin said...

thanks Mariano, L. Holm, KVan, Dean H and Karen..thanks for swinging by and commenting on my work. Always appreciated!