Saturday, April 4, 2009

Today's Reception for Eric Bowman & Gene Gill







There was a good turnout for "The Distance Traveled", the two man show at Broderick Gallery. It was especially great to see Gene Gill who recently had heart surgery. Every time I see Gene I remind him that I worked with him in the 1980's when he had an office in the Galleria. Sometimes I had to pick up an illustration from him for something my agency was working on. Just like in those days, Gene Gill adheres to a rigorous work ethic and his paintings just get better year after year. I am also lucky to know Eric Bowman too, having met him about four years ago when he won first place in the Hood River Columbia Arts Plein Air competition. Seeing all of his new work up on the walls was fantastic..every painting is gorgeous! One of Eric's prettiest pieces (a boat in dry dock) was sold while I was visiting the Gallery. And get this....George Broderick called me later today to tell me that someone bought MY painting (the rabbit!). The buyers had seen it earlier during the Fire & Ice show and came in to look at it again today. George had put it aside in his office..just in case they came in! That, my friends, is the type of old school salesmanship you won't find at "Etsy"! All in all...a really great Saturday afternoon. Don't miss seeing the Bowman/Gill show...it is up until April 30. (I think Saturday afternoon is a pleasant time for an artist's reception..I really enjoyed seeing the art in the natural light).
Broderick Gallery
Photos top to bottom
Photo 1: Me & Eric
Photo 2: The gallery
Photo 3: Katherine van Schoonhoven & me
Photo 4: Eric & Gene in front of Gene's painting
Photo 5: L to R, George Broderick, Gene Gill & Eric Bowman

4 comments:

Janelle Goodwin said...

Looks like some very cool artwork on those walls. Congratulations on the sale of your painting, Celeste!

Celeste Bergin said...

Thank you Janelle!

B Boylan said...

Wow! What a great day that must have been! A great show, and a sale to boot! All I can say is "You go girl!"

Celeste Bergin said...

Yeah, Brenda....we all love *going*! Thanks so much for the comment :)