Saturday, April 18, 2009

two sketches from a visit to Maryhill Museum in WA


It was a really pretty day and I did two small sketches in oil. It is pretty overwhelming out there sometimes..it is hard to choose what to paint! I've painted this gorge view a couple of times now..and always at practically noon. It's a tall order. I remembered that one year Bonnie White painted some peacocks on the Maryhill grounds and today one stood still for me long enough for me to dash something out. It was a really perfect day for painting outdoors. I saw some of my painting friends out there and hope to be able to see some paintings that they did too.


Maryhill Museum

both sketches oil on 5 x 7 canvas panel

4 comments:

Katherine van Schoonhoven said...

Nice peacock!! It hardly shows at all that he scared you with his loud scream. I want to paint with you soon. Plein air!

Celeste Bergin said...

we will do it, Katherine!

rob ijbema said...

love the gorge view celeste,the orange plays so well against the blue
wich makes a great sense of distance

Celeste Bergin said...

thanks a lot Rob!