Saturday, May 9, 2009

I still love Nike...I can't help it.

"Personal Posters" by young artists at the Make Something! exhibit

The other day I went to Utrecht for paint and right around the corner was the Nike Make Something! exhibit. I stepped in and a young man told me that everything on display was created by young people who had been invited by Nike to take part in the workshop. I guess in some ways I am always going to be a graphic artist at heart..because images like these still make my heart sing. I know that some people think of advertising as tawdry and I will not be able to change their minds..but because I had the privilege to work with W+K/Nike at the beginning of my indoctrination into advertising.. I learned from them that good communication art.... is art.   





2 comments:

L.Holm said...

I agree, and I adore great advertising.

Celeste Bergin said...

Yes, Liz, Fine art and communication art...it is all art! Thanks for your comment. :)