Monday, June 1, 2009

Plein air in a place called Elk Rock


I got to paint with a painting friend of mine today...Katherine van Schoonhoven. She and I went to a place called Elk Rock. I spent 45 minutes on my first painting that included reflections in water. It had to be scrapped! Next I did a simple painting of what was right in front of me. I need to go back to Elk Rock again so I can give the water another college try. Some days things work out better than others. I am getting used to that. Like Katherine says...any day spent painting is a good day.

Oil on 8x8 canvas panel

7 comments:

Mariano Zucchi said...

Hi Celeste,
Elk rocks work good is a nice value painting that said "I am plain air" Lovely. I agree with your friend a day spent painting is a god day!!!!

Katherine van Schoonhoven said...

Today was fun! I came home so tired, I took a 90 minute nap.

Next time maybe we can go to a waterfall not far from my place. Looking forward to it!

Kathleen Krucoff said...

Hi Celeste. This is beautiful. Now you've peaked my curiosity about what the lake will look like when you paint it again. And your friend is right...any day making art is a great day.

Chuck Dilmore said...

this is fabulous!
love the color, angle!

makes me wanna be there.

peace~

Dean H. said...

I like the color and strong values plus the diagonals!

G. Lindwood said...

Fresh, clean color...I love it! Intriguing composition. You did a great job all around.

gaffergirls.com said...

you get 4 followers here..
beautiful work...
mona & the girls