Saturday, June 27, 2009

Wetlands


This is a painting I did behind the Kingstad Center at the Wetlands. It is just 5 x 5 and I put it in a frame today. I am thinking about adding it to the show at the Gorge White House. I will be driving my paintings there on Monday. Today I submitted my entries to the Hood River Plein Air Competition. Don't forget to do this--the deadline is Tuesday. (How to apply) I hope I get in! I've painted in the competition every year so far...but every year that I submit I get nervous not knowing if I will be accepted or not. Wish me luck!

6 comments:

Karen said...

I don't think you need luck, as these paintings are looking better than ever. These last few landscapes are really wonderful, confident, soft and yet strong, and really nice edges. So glad to see what you've been up to lately.

Celeste Bergin said...

Hey Karen! Thanks so much--I appreciate it!

Carrie H. said...

Luck!...... but then you have talent too! I think I'll paint some Lavender Tuesday.

Katherine van Schoonhoven said...

Beautiful painting! I'm sure it's amazing in a frame! Have fun with this show and congrats.

Mariano Zucchi said...

Hi Celeste,
Your Wetlands looks good. wish you much success om your show, and best of luck for your entry on the North West PAP. I would not sweet it too much! If they don't accept you is Their loss! All the best and happy painting

Chuck Dilmore said...

stunning, Celeste!
and now uou have delivered you works of art.
that has to feel so rich, gratifying!

beautiful,
Chuck