Sunday, July 26, 2009

Plein Air out of my cigar box pochade box

Yesterday I checked out Jef Gunn's plein air demonstration at Mt. Tabor. I sure like how he paints with abandon.  He certainly has an exceptional grasp of what he is doing despite what he describes as a bit of a "seat of his pants" approach. After I watch an accomplished painter paint I try to emulate them to some degree. It's a fun thing to do. I wanted to see if I could simply respond to the scene without a lot of inner gab about specifics. This is the result.


oil on 5 x 7 gessoed hardboard

7 comments:

Galina Nikolova said...

Beautiful landscape! Very impressive.
Kind regards

Gary Keimig said...

This really shows freedom of brush and expression. Good job, Celeste

Karen E. Lewis said...

Celeste,

I love the movement in the sky. Where did you get those clouds? Hace sol y color at my house. (Do you detect my 3 weeks' worth of Spanish study?)

Karen

Celeste Bergin said...

thanks all...Karen the clouds are exaggerated. I was thinking of Elio too! lol

Marie Wise said...

You have some fabulous blue and ochre tones here. Very earthy. Lovely.

Connie said...

I'd say you did it! Just gorgeous!

Chuck Dilmore said...

whoa...
i really like this!
beautiful, Celeste!

C~