Saturday, August 8, 2009

D.K. Row getting the word out about alternative gallery spaces

D.K. Row maps out overlooked art dealers

I stumbled across this video of D.K. (David) Row showing a new pamphlet about Eastside and alternative art galleries in Portland. I thought it was great for TWO reasons--one--because he is giving the pamphlet his stamp of approval and two...it is nice to know what he looks like! I've seen his name in print for years and for whatever reason I have never seen him before now. It's really nice to finally attach a face to the name.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds pretty cool. Nice to get some attention to Eastside galleries. There is also a First Friday gallery guide for the eastside - but the one DK Rowe mentioned sounds more "hip" - I wonder if it will be open to all eastside spots, or will be selective?

Celeste Bergin said...

Anonymous, I have to get a copy of it to see who is listed. It is interesting...isn't it!

Katherine van Schoonhoven said...

Very interesting!

He looks and speaks differently than I imagined. Isn't that the way it is?

Thanks for sharing the clip! K.