Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Painting finished--unveiling tomorrow!


Alright! My painting on the red ground is complete. I started it two days ago and finished painting it on my patio today. Whenever I spend several hours painting on the patio my feet hurt the next day. (Concrete floor).
I painted the painting expressly for our new August show "Eight+, Artist's Choice" at O'Connor's in Multnomah Village. The painting is wet, but I am hanging it tomorrow anyway. I have noticed (from other O'Connor's exhibits) that the restaurant patrons can be trusted not to touch paintings, so I feel comfortable taking it in "fresh off the easel".
I'll post the painting after it is on the wall tomorrow. Wish my luck--I hope it doesn't get rejected like that other time. j/k.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Looking forward to seeing your painting! I have the same trouble standing on concrete floors (I guess we all do) and have found a nice rubber cushioned mat at Lowes that works really well. It'll keep you from getting varicose veins.

Janelle Goodwin said...

Can't wait to see your painting, Celeste. I'll be checking in tomorrow!

Celeste Bergin said...

thanks Kathy and Janelle!