Tuesday, August 11, 2009

"Backyard" modeling session

Today I took part in Penny S's "backyard" modeling session. There were three models and we had our choice of painting whomever we wanted for three hours. There was plenty of room to spread out ..and it is a "private" backyard so there were options for painting nude vs. clothed models as well. The weather was overcast and I couldn't decide if that made me happy or not. I was glad on the one hand (I had forgotten my umbrella)..but stronger light would have been more interesting to paint. Nevertheless, I was happy to be outside painting people. It is always nice to be around so many "like-minded" people too. I enjoyed seeing the very different interpretations of the models. I only wish the session had been longer!
At the end of the day I learned that my friend and instructor Elio Camacho was seriously injured in a car accident last weekend. My heartfelt prayers are winging up for his recovery. Elio has many students/friends here in Portland.... and we all hold him in our hearts!



7 comments:

Janelle Goodwin said...

Love these loosely rendered paintings, Celeste. They have great style. Hoping your friend Eli is better soon.

Celeste Bergin said...

Janelle, thanks so much for your comment. I wish Penny S would do more than one a year..! It is such a good idea! Thanks again. :)

Pam Holnback said...

What a great event! I wish my plein-aire group would do this. Maybe I'll suggest/organize it! Love the colors in the portrait.

Katherine van Schoonhoven said...

Nice! Your figure work is beautiful, Celeste. You capture not only the likeness, but the spirit or mood. I'll join you next year!

Don Bishop said...

Looks like you guys had a good turnout and a great time.

Celeste Bergin said...

Pam, Katherine and Don--thanks for commenting. It is great that you stopped by to see what I am doing! :)

polusladkaia said...

this is a lovely painting! I am enjoying looking through your blog altogether!