Saturday, September 5, 2009

Awards Reception at Columbia Art Gallery, 2009 Plein Air Competition & Event

(Evening's Color and Golden Moment; Celeste Bergin)

I couldn't attend the Thursday "preview" party...so when I walked into the Columbia Art Gallery on Friday for the reception I didn't know where my paintings were displayed. I had to work through the crush of people to find them (which was actually fun except when I didn't see them for awhile I began to wonder if they were there at all!) When I rounded a corner, however, I saw ribbons..on my paintings! I received four purchase prize ribbons and I earned an Honorable Mention for my painting Golden Moment from Juror Ned Mueller! High Five! All six of my submissions SOLD! On top of all this great news some of my Portland and Washington friends made the long drive to Hood River for the reception. Thanks so much for coming out and celebrating with us..it made my night to see you there! A heartfelt thanks to everyone involved--and congratulations to winners Eric Jacobsen, Mike Kowalsi, Eric Bowman, Mitch Baird, Cathleen Rehfeld and Amanda Houston... AND to all the participating painters and everyone who made this a wonderful event! (Scroll down for photos)
(top to bottom) Crown Point, Rain in the Gorge and As the Night Falls, Celeste Bergin
Morning Gorge, Celeste Bergin
The outer Gallery
Linda, Katherine ("Kvan") and Me
Jef Gunn and Me!
Columbia Art Gallery, Hood River

13 comments:

rob ijbema said...

wow how exciting
i'm so pleased for you!
excellent and well deserved

Janelle Goodwin said...

Congratulations, Celeste! You so deserve the recognition!!!

Carla Bernardes said...

Congratulations Celeste,beaultifuls artwork s!

Katherine van Schoonhoven said...

The reception was lovely and you deserve the ribbons! Congrats on your hard-won success, Celeste! You deserve it!! "kvan"

Chuck Dilmore said...

whoooa!
Celeste! Congratulations!
all beautiful news!

enJoy!

Karen E. Lewis said...

Celeste,

Congratulations! I hope to get out soon to see them.

Karen

Deborah Secor said...

Celeste, wonderful news! Well deserved for such beautiful work.

Edda Meinikat said...

Many congratulations, ((((Celeste)))), another very rightful recognition of your beautiful works. Like the others said, you so deserved this - come to that, love the pics, you look great, ;-) .

Mariano Zucchi said...

Hi Celeste,
What a great day it must have been for you. Thank you for sharing the photos. You artistic vision your Art Spirit and your generosity are second to none. Congratulation

Don Coker said...

Celeste,congrats on your show success! The ribbons and sales are well deserved!

BTW, thank you for your comments on my blog.

Dean H. said...

A big congratulations, Celeste!! You have earned every bit of it...your hard work is being rewarded!
May you go ever onward and ever higher in the days to come!

Dean

Gary Keimig said...

Wow! That is wonderful news. That ought to get the creative juices going.
Well done and well deserved

bullwinkle said...

Congratulations! But you shouldn't be surprised. They are gorgeous pieces.