Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Self Portrait (# 3?)

I've been painting a lot of landscape so I thought I would change it up a bit for myself and paint me again. The model is always available! I used a mirror at my drafting table station. My hair looked brown to me in the light--but that is wishful thinking as it is pretty much gray. The brown hair makes me look younger though! I didn't correct it on purpose--! My last self portrait was way too frumpy and this one is too beautified. I'll keep trying.
oil on 6 x 8 canvas panel

4 comments:

Carla Bernardes said...

Hi Celeste
Thank you for your visit to my blog!
really enjoyed and I will visit your blog forever!
a hug.
Carla.

Dean H. said...

The portrait looks like a success to me. I can definitely see you in there. Love your color selections...real life color doesn't count...i.e. hair color.

B Boylan said...

Your personality shines through in this one! Love the softness of it!

Jim Serrett said...

It is a very sweet portrait.
You definetly captures your eyes.