Friday, October 16, 2009

Friday Morning, sketching at the Japanese Garden

The walk up to the Japanese Garden always reminds me how much I need to go to the gym. It's a heck of a climb to the entrance! It was worth it, of course. I had my "woodless" pencils with me and my sketchbook. The Japanese Garden is usually a meditative experience, but a maintenance crew was out in force this morning, with leaf blowers. Despite that, I still enjoyed the time sketching. The view of downtown was especially pretty this morning (scroll down). Next time I might take some watercolor.




6 comments:

Chuck Dilmore said...

heavenly!

Mariano Zucchi said...

Hi Celeste,
Thank you for sharing, that is a really nice garden. A lot of steps to climb but well worth!

Sheila said...

Love that first photograph. I can see that becoming a painting.

Katherine van Schoonhoven said...

Sounds like a great day!! Except for the leaf blowers -- Good grief. Blows my meditation, for sure.

René PleinAir. said...

Wow that stairway, ... I would paint that at once and didn't care about what upstairs anyway.

But then again, the view of the town is stunning, ... good thing you kept going hehehe

Kathleen Krucoff said...

This just exudes tranquility. I want to be there. Thanks for sharing this. Looks like a wonderfully inspirational place. Love your sketches.