Friday, October 30, 2009

I ♥ Frames

The plein air painter usually likes a dark wood frame or a gold frame. It's traditional. Generally I like to frame in the same style and color for unity sake..but, of course, it is important that the frame looks right with the art. I have a collection of frames that are pretty bad (things I acquired before I landed on 2-3 styles that I like best). One of these days I will have to find a new home for those frames...They take up room and I doubt that I will ever use them! I do like this one.

6 comments:

Sheila said...

It makes it appear as if it's a million bucks!

Janelle Goodwin said...

I like this one! Do you mind telling us where you got it? Thanks!

Celeste Bergin said...

Thanks Sheila and Janelle! Janelle, I get most of my frames from: United Picture Frame:
http://www.unitedpictureframe.com/index.php?cPath=1_5

Mariano Zucchi said...

Hi Celeste,
Love your choice of frame, the only problem with frames they are to expensive! On the other side a painting is not done till varnished and put on a frame.

Nancy B. Hartley said...

Celeste, Your frame choice is perfect. I really like this style, and am happy to know the source. Thank you for sharing that information. Wonderful painting too!

Caio Fernandes said...

i love frames too .
and this one on the post is really beautiful .
i like dark wood as frame .