Thursday, October 29, 2009

Self Portrait (# 4?) An oil sketch


I had a great day today. It began at Bread & Ink where I met my artist friends and we had breakfast and a lively art discussion. Then I took my pieces into Aurora Gallery in
Vancouver for the November show, Cast Shadows; Pacific Northwest Plein Air Landscape. There I caught sight of some exceptional submissions and picked up this Aurora Gallery bumper sticker (pictured below). I couldn't help jumping into Art on the Boulevard where I saw the current show and visited with Kevin Weaver. At the end of the day I scratched out a sketch of myself utilizing some leftover blue paint and the big mirror on my drafting table. The funny thing about those eyeglasses is how much I remind myself of my Father whenever I wear them. Now I am ready to sit down with my book and read a few chapters. The perfect end to a way-above-average day.

1 comment:

Caio Fernandes said...

this oils sketsh is a really good work . at least my eyes loved it .