Monday, November 9, 2009

Misty tree and a few failures

I had challenged myself to painting over an old painting on Mondays...but I forgot. I painted today's painting onto a new canvas panel. I guess if I want to keep to my plan of painting over something "bad", I will have to do it tomorrow (Tuesday instead of Monday). I painted this from a photo reference. Gray (when achieved by mixing complements) is a colorful color! Here, also, is a photo of some of my bad paintings.. (below). I'm waiting for them to completely dry so I can add them to the paint over pile....hooray!

(new painting above, = oil on 8x8 canvas panel)

9 comments:

Caio Fernandes said...

beautiful work !!

rahina q.h. said...

Celeste, this is so beautiful, such a gentle handling of colours/grays to create that wonderful misty atmosphere. funny how you have put the paintings you will paint over on the wastepaper basket... if i did that the basket would topple over or get crushed:) r.

rahina q.h. said...

Celeste, this is so beautiful, such a gentle handling of colours/grays to create that wonderful misty atmosphere. funny how you have put the paintings you will paint over on the wastepaper basket... if i did that the basket would topple over or get crushed:) r.

ArtSparker said...

The tree is a bit like an exhalation.

Beverly Sams said...

Oh, Celeste! May your good paintings always far outnumber your so called "bad paintings" (a new twist on an old Irish blessing)! Keep painting and may your spirit never be dampened :)

IronBear138 said...

Bob Ross RIP use to say "We don't have mistakes here, we just have happy accidents". :-)

You do nice work, Celeste.

neetzy said...

I love this! I too like to paint over old, and not quite right paintings. (I have a ton). I have been in an obliteration mood lately. Some times I obliterate a little too much!

Chuck Dilmore said...

Ooo, Misty Tree is "Ooo, la-la!"

Gregory Becker said...

Love the misty tree. Thank you for looking at my work and commenting.
I laughed again when I read your comment because I remembered how funny that was. Sadie is such a primo artist I love her work.