Monday, November 2, 2009

Paint Over Monday





You've heard of Illustration Friday? What about Paint Over Monday? I like painting over old crap paintings so well I am challenging myself to do so at least once a week. I have enough failed paintings to keep me in supports forever! I can't remember what I had in mind when I started this odd painting, but it is obvious that I completely abandoned the idea..so it's time for a transformation. Heck yeah! I used up some left over paint on my palette to produce this Native American (scroll down). Paint Over Monday--good idea!

7 comments:

Sheila said...

LOL... I just painted over two of my paintings this past week. Didn't know I should do them on Mondays so they'll look half as good as yours do!

rahina q.h. said...

Celeste that is an excellent idea... i have lots of canvases with paintings that have lost their direction and i am always tempted by the fresh new ones. ok join you next monday:) r.

Kathy said...

Nice conversion! Reminds me of what my artist friend, Susan Webb Tregay, always says: "kill it or cure it!"

Dale Sherman Blodget said...

Great post, Celeste. What a wonderful transformation.

Ann Buckner said...

Great way to start off a Monday and love the finished painting.

Kathleen Krucoff said...

Definitely a GREAT idea Celeste. Wonderful outcome too. Cheers!

Caio Fernandes said...

this is so great !!!!
ohh , i forgot !!!
hello my prolific friend !!! how are you !!!
what did you do here ?!!
it is fantastic . made me feel like to paint now .
thank you !!