Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Tree tops

Who was it who said that there is "pain" in the word "painting"? So true! The last three PAINtings that I have done (not pictured and never will be) are in the reject pile. My reject pile gets higher and higher! Don't you dislike investing time and effort in something that goes dreadfully wrong? Yeah. Me too. I am happy enough with the concept for this painting. A new vantage point always makes me feel better. (I know my friend Lora Fisher would give this painting the thumbs down... because it features a flying bird. We all have our biases...so Shhh. Don't tell her).

oil on 8x8 canvas panel

9 comments:

Sheila said...

I love the bird! I really like the "Pause" also. Keep doing what you want to do. It works!

Kerri Settle said...

Beautiful, almost looks like soft pastels. I love the atmosphere.

Janelle Goodwin said...

There is no pain in this one! Just sheer delight in being up in the treetops!

Caio Fernandes said...

the bird is a point of balance and harmony on the board . his presense is fundamental .
iknow what you feel with the "got wrong" works ... i've been passing for the same .
this tree tops are espetacular . i mean . it has everything i want to see in a painting .

Dale Sherman Blodget said...

I really like the direction your style is going, Celeste. I have to admit that the flying bird sort of surprised me though! Then when I read the post I wondered why. any ideas? I wonder if the bird is expressed in the same style as the clouds and trees? We're talking about 1 or 2 brush strokes here, and they have the power to change a whole concept. Isn't it wonderful?

Mariano Zucchi said...

Hi Celeste,
This is a very courageous study and a keeper; i like it. The view point is excellent and i think the bird adds a lot to the story.

rahina q.h. said...

there is something about looking up at the sky between the trees that captures soemthing in me. this is jsut wonderfully captured Celeste. r.

Carol Anne Brown said...

Nice. It immediately took me to a happy, quiet moment on a day spent outdoors. The bird keeps my eye in the picture. I guess I'm half- expecting him to glide across the sky!

ArtSparker said...

This seems so much about unconstraint - okay that's a neologism - anyway, a release, freedom, a breath of air.